December is nearly here, which means we’re officially allowed to start our Christmas baking!
Mini Chocolate Chip Mince Pies
Makes approx. 16 mini or 8 standard size.
200g plain flour
45g cold coconut oil
30g light brown sugar
40g caster sugar
30ml maple syrup
20g dairy free butter
4 tablespoons of cold water
9 teaspoons of vegan mincemeat
80g dark chocolate (cut into small chunks) plus a handful more for decorating
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180c and greasing two small or 1 large muffin tin.
- In a blender add the plain flour, coconut oil, light brown sugar, caster sugar, maple syrup and dairy free butter and pulse for a few seconds until crumbs are formed.
- Empty into a bowl and add the cold water 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together forming a ball of dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and using a rolling pin roll the dough until it’s approximately the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Using a cutter cut out approx. 16 small circles if making mini mince pies or 8 larger ones for standard size. Carefully line the holes of the tins with these circles.
- Combine the mincemeat with the dark chocolate chunks and then fill the pastry to the top.
- Use a small heart, star or shape of choice to cut out some tops for the mince pies and place them on top sealing them with your fingers. If you have leftover dough make some more pies!
- Place them in the oven and cook for 20 minutes if they’re mini or 25-28 minutes if they’re standard size.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tins and eating.
Serve with dairy free custard for extra deliciousness.