Introducing you to vegan toad-in-the-hole, the ultimate comfort food that allows you to indulge without all the guilt!
1 sliced onion
275g Plain Flour
1 tsp turmeric
2 heaped tsp baking powder
200ml Aquafaba (Chickpea water)
6 tbsp olive oil
275ml Dairy Free Milk
Salt and pepper
6 x vegan sausages
- In a heavy bottom baking dish, drizzle some oil.
- Add the onion and place in a preheated oven (200C Gas Mark 7)
- Whilst the oil gets hot, start on the batter.
Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the turmeric, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the aquafaba until frothy.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the olive oil
- Gradually add the dairy free milk
- Whisk until well combined and lump free.
- Remove the onions from the oven. Pour over half the batter mixture.
- Add the sausages and then pour the remaining mixture around the edges or the dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through.
Serve warm with gravy, roasted veggies and mash potato and enjoy!